Friday, May 3, 2013

My first post on my Photography page is not about Photography, go figure...

So I just started a new "diet" not really a diet exactly in the traditional definition that most people think of, but a new way of eating- forever.  Not just  to lose weight, although that would certainly be a welcome side effect.  :o)

I am following a prescription diet by Dr Mark Hyman, author of UltraMetabolism. 

I am past the "Preparation Week" and am now into Phase I.  Whole Foods, if my primitive ancestors didn't eat it, don't eat it...  Phase I has the added restriction of no dairy, eggs, glutens, or red meat. Preparation week had me giving up refined sugar, white flour, and coffee.  It was actually less painful than I expected, as I just drank half as much coffee as usual for the first 3 days, and then switched to green tea.

So far I feel great!  I am more energetic, can think more clearly, and get more done than usual.

Stay tuned for my progress, and oh yeah, photography...  

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by- Holla!!