Saturday, June 8, 2013

2013 Parade the Circle

Cleveland is fortunate to have one of the most creative parades I've ever seen.  The only other one like it was the Santa Barbara CA Summer Solstice parade.  This one is really similar.  Anyone can participate.  All you do is register, go to the workshops and create your float/costume/puppet/etc/  The creativity is inspiring!

I've lived in Cleveland for 20 of the 24 years they've held this parade, and this is only my 2nd time being lucky enough to be free on the day of the parade.  In case you weren't so fortunate this year, I have LOTS of photos:








Of course the Fisher-Price people would be chased by giant chattering teeth... why not?


These people were painting each other with squirt bottles as the parade progressed...


This was a "pop-up" book float- the people would open and close the "pages" to reveal the whale


Another Pop-up float

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by- Holla!!